Brazed plate heat exchangers are widely used in refrigeration plants. They are normally used to transfer heat from the refrigerant – the primary fluid – and from water or brine as the secondary fluid.
Units in the Alfa Laval AC AlfaChill line of copper-brazed heat exchangers are mainly used as:
- Evaporators for dry expansion and cooling water
- Condensers for rejecting or recovering heat to water
- Economizers for cooling liquid refrigerant and super-heating vapour refrigerant.
They can also be used as:
- Sub-coolers to cool liquid refrigerants using well water
- Intermediate heat exchangers in the absorption cycle, to preheat the diluted solution or to pre-cool the concentrated solution.
Get A Quote